Hosted by Master Tread Trainer Charlene Bower
Specific for this Class: We will start at 8am and end at 4pm. Lunch is included. While we are in class guests for the Navigation Glamping Trip will be arriving. We will kick off that weekend at 4pm.
REQUIREMENTS: Must have a current Tread Lightly! Membership CLICK HERE
!! LON has a 50% off code! Text 480-490-2019 to receive it !!
SUGGESTED: Tread Lightly! 101 Online Awareness Course CLICK HERE
TREAD TRAINER COURSES:
Tread Lightly!®’s Tread Trainer™ (TT) course is an 8-hour course designed to provide a “crash course” in outdoor ethics focusing on motorized and mechanized recreation on both land and water. Participation in the course qualifies individuals to present the Tread Lightly! message to others in their state or region. Participants will work with Master Trainers or Tread Lightly! staff on understanding the role outdoor ethics play in the recreation community, learn the Tread Lightly! principles of responsible recreation, and be provided with the tools to conduct workshops and coordinate community outreach.
The key to a successful workshop is to have participants that are familiar with Tread Lightly!, involved in community outreach or recreational training programs, or are interested in developing a higher awareness and competency on outdoor ethics.
A Tread Trainer’s responsibilities include:
- Have a current Tread Lightly! membership.
- Host at least one presentation on the Tread Lightly! message within two years of their initial training date. Presentations in the form of workshops, speaking engagements, or staff training are all acceptable. And/Or:Provide promotion, in which people gain a general awareness of Tread Lightly!, within two years of the initial training date. Promotions in the form of event display of the Tread Lightly! message or inclusion of the Tread Lightly! message into educational or outreach materials are all acceptable.
- Provide timely reporting using our online reporting form.
- Act as a Tread Lightly! volunteer representative for area/region.
- Demonstrate exemplary recreation behavior.
A Tread Trainer’s experience includes:
- Completed a Trainer course provided by Tread Lightly! staff or by an active Master Tread Trainer.
- Teach and present the Tread Lightly! message through various opportunities.
- Has an increased knowledge of the impacts recreation has on our environment.
- Introduce others to minimum impact practices and the Tread Lightly! principles.
Trainers receive a Certificate of Completion, a Tread Trainer Kit containing free educational materials and a 20% discount on all Tread Lightly! materials in the Tread Lightly! online store.
Tread Trainers also receive access to digital files containing:
- Tread Trainer Manual
- Tread Lightly! PowerPoint presentations and training resources
- Tips for Responsible Recreation
Trainers also receive improvements in presentation skills, networking opportunities with other agencies/organizations at the course, expertise in Tread Lightly! ethics and ways to minimize outdoor impacts when recreating, use of the display upon request, updates through a semi-annual newsletter, emails and website.
*Cancellations and Refunds:
A full refund may be granted if requested more than 30 days from the course AND the cancellation will not result in total attendance falling below 8 participants. Refunds made within 30 days of the course will be granted on a case-by-case basis. No refund will be provided for no-shows. Course fees are transferable with written approval from Tread Lightly!